grey modern

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Family time, music, and fireworks and dont forget the OREO'S!!!



*June 29th 2013 Driggs Idaho*

So a friend of ours told us about this celebration worth going to. So we packed up the car and headed out!
 You would think in the midst of all that stuff, we would remember to bring jackets?! Oops! Anyways, as we were walking into the park, a guy (who just happened to be the same guy Louis listens to on the Radio every morning to school, Sorry Shelly, it wasn't Dave Ramsey....) asked him if he would want to participate in an Oreo stacking contest for their "Minute to Win it" games. Louis accepted, only because he wanted to eat the Oreo's. 

Louis getting ready to compete in round 1 of the Oreo stacking competition. 
(There were 12 people total, 6 in each round) 


Little did he know he would actually WIN a year supply of Oreo's!!! 
More like "3 Month" supply, but still cool! (Don't pay attention to Mr. Photobomber... whatevs...) Needless to say my its VERY hard sticking to my diet!!! =/

  
                                                                                                 ROUND 1 (Top Video)




 ROUND 2 (Championship Round) 


So for winning the final round he also won a $100 gift card to our local grocery store! (Broulims)

WAY TO GO LOUIS!!!! 


My Proud Oreo Winner! Isn't he cute!?
We were so proud of him! As you can see in the end of the last video (if you watched it..) the weather got SUPER bad! So I had to hurry back to where we were sitting and bundle Lexington in her stroller and put pillows and blankets around it to keep her warm and protected from the crazy wind and weather! (What a good Mommy I am.. *wink*) No but seriously, we almost left because of the weather. Good thing Louis was too worried about getting his $100 giftcard, because the storm passed and we were able to enjoy the rest of our evening. 

They had to re-st up the stage, since the storm ruined most of it.. I was kinda bummed, because they were supposed to have dueling piano's play. Which if you don't know what that is, its basically like a battle between two people, and they take the audience requests and play whatever songs you want. I've
heard they're pretty amazing... oh well next time! 

 While we were waiting for "The Beach Boys" to set up, we were having fun playing with Lexi!







We happened to find 2 sweatshirts in the car. Isn't she the cutest Steeler fan ever?

Lexington was sooooooo good!
Despite the bad weather, she was a champ and slept through most of it!
She was so happy and friendly most of the day.
 Which made the day extra enjoyable to have a well behaved baby!

I found this skirt for like $5 (originally $12) at Kohls!
We didn't have time to find a cute shirt to go with it,
 so we found a cheapy one at Wal*Mart..
but it worked out great! 

This gives you a little idea of how many people were there.. THERE WAS A TON!!!
I was happy that Lexington wasn't walking, I would have been a nervous wreck! 

 Still waiting for those darn Beach Boys to start singing! 



I gave her Kisses..... 


She gave me kisses...
.(Dont laugh at my weird look I have I was too excited I caught her kisss on camera!)

FINALLY the show started! Lexington Loooooovvved the flashy lights and the music! I guess you could say it was her 1st concert! She even loved my off-pitched singing and funky dancing! It kept making her giggle, so I didnt mind looking like a fool! (Things we to to make babies giggle!) A babies laugh is seriously the best! 

He was too excited to take his name-tag from his competition off! =)



This is blurry, but Louis thought it was cool that our new phone had panoramic view so he was testing it out!  

The Beach Boys (Al Jardine & David Marks) 
 After "The Beach Boys" were finished they had the BEST firework show Louis and I have EVER been too! Seriously, it gave me chills and made me tear up at times! The Fireworks were synchronized to music. They started the show off with a small SUPER AWESOME movie with John Wayne ( I LOVE JOHN WAYNE btw, which is probly why I thought it was so awesome they played this movie!)


So beautiful!

This part was probably my 2nd favorite. I LOVE the song "God Bless the USA" even when its not July 4th, and I happen to hear the song, I tear up. (I get that from my Mom). But hearing it live by the artist himself was pretty awesome! Minus my singing, this video does a pretty good job at capturing the experience. All I could think of during this song was how grateful I am to live in such a great country! I was holding my beautiful daughter while cuddling with my husband! I pictured Louis running for Politics and thats when the tears started swelling up in my eyes, because I couldnt imagine my life without them! I thought of all those who are from other countries and the difficulties they face trying to come to America, and I am just so thankful that my family doesnt have to face that. I also thought of my Grandfathers who served in the military.... 
My Grandma and Grandpa Mortensen. Don't they look like they just stepped off of a Hollywood film? Fred Mortensen United States Army.

My Grandpa Belt. United States Air Force.




GOD

    BLESS
        THE
             USA!!!!!


 Part of the Grand Finale!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment