grey modern

Monday, September 30, 2013

Challenges

"Challenges of Life"

Smooth roads never make good drivers
Smooth seas never make good sailors
Clear Skies never makes good Pilots.
Problem and hassle free Life never makes a strong person
Be Strong enough to accept the challenges of Life
Don't ask Life, "Why Me? . Instead say "Try Me!"
 Author: Unknown


I've been thinking a lot lately about challenges in life. Everyone has their own challenges  trust me I have plenty! 

Reading has always been a challenge of mine. I hate it. Don't get me wrong, I love reading for pleasure, that is until someone finds out that I am reading the same book as them, and then I stop. I feel like I always have to re-read chapters several times in order to understand the content well enough to remember it. So when I was called to serve as a Relief Society teacher, I kinda had minor freak-outs upon preparing my lessons. Louis would tease me when I would start reading my lessons a month in advance, but if I didn't I wouldn't know the 5 pages well enough to be able to teach them!

Along with reading, a challenge that I have always had, but hated to admit it, is that my mind is a simple mind, and thinks COMPLETELY different than an average person. I wouldn't say I'm a slow thinker, my mind just automatically puts things in a "simple" way for me to understand things better. However, when  I am working in a group or even in my own marriage its been quite a challenge to communicate this to others. Even though I think my way of thinking is the easiest, others who are "smarter" find my way of thinking extremely difficult. This has been extremely hard over the years, and especially hard serving as Relief Society President. I love that I have this oppurtunity and I know that this is the Lords way of helping me overcome these challenges, but boy.. has it been a rough road.

My challenges have helped me to stay motivated and push through the hard times. I've learned to say "TRY ME!" instead of thinking, "Why me?"




No comments:

Post a Comment